San Diego Unified Board of Education, San Diego Unified School District, San Diego Unified School District Superintendent Cindy Marten, SDUSD Trustee John Lee Evans, SDUSD Trustee Kevin Beiser, SDUSD Trustee Mike McQuary, SDUSD Trustee Richard Barrera, SDUSD Trustee Sharon Whitehurst -Payne
Regional Golden Fleece Award
San Diego Unified School District- Where Do We start?“
The San Diego Unified School District under Supt. Marten has now been branded as the WORST in San Diego County for both the financial mismanagement disaster and also for hiding that disaster and other serious operational errors from SDUSD Stakeholders and Taxpayers.
The SDUSD has now been historically and officially SHAMED and EXPOSED for neglecting its Stakeholders, Taxpayers and especially its Students.
At its annual award ceremony last night, the San Diego County Taxpayers Association (SDCTA) awarded its “Regional Golden Fleece Award” booby prize to the San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD).
This makes the second time in the last six weeks, that the San Diego Unified School District has received a “Booby Prize” award for the horrible performance of the Supt. Cindy Marten administration. This time it is for the gross financial mismanagement over the last 4 years that caused the $124 million budget disaster and the hundreds of SDUSD employee layoffs.
Just 5 weeks ago we reported that the San Diego Unified School District, under the poor operational leadership of Supt. Cindy Marten, received the Society of Professional Journalists, San Diego Chapter, the “2017 WALL AWARD” for lack of “openness and transparency”.
To answer the SDCTA question “Where Do We Start?” regarding the financial disaster caused by Marten’s operational mismanagement, District Deeds replies “Get in line” behind:
- Neglect of sexual abuse in SDUSD schools.
- Neglect of English Language Learners through elimination of needed and legally required supports
- Horrendous hiring errors at SDUSD School Sites (Serra) and Central Office Staff (Andrew “Body Wash Up on Shore” Sharp)
- Neglect of schools sites by eliminating support positions like Custodial and Maintenance
- Neglect of Stakeholder collaboration in Principal Selections, LCAP, and other Fake outreach scams
- Neglect of Board Oversight through a “flying by the seat of out pants” operational management style.
To recap, the shamed SDUSD has big problems in key areas that ALL point to the totally inadequate management and leadership of Supt. Marten:
- Lack of safety for SDUSD Students
- Extremely poor Human Resource decisions and toxic work environment for employees
- Continued reduction of consistent, effective legally mandated supports for the neediest students (ELL, financially disadvantaged, homeless)
- Poor communication and lack of transparency with Board of Education and Stakeholders
- Enrollment losses to Charter Schools due to poor site supports from Central Office
- Distrust of current SDUSD leadership
SDUSD Trustees Richard Barrera, John Lee Evans, Kevin Beiser, Sharon Whitehurst Payne and Mike McQuary MUST NOT allow Supt. Cindy Marten to continue to abuse the future of our students and the trust of all the SDUSD Stakeholders and Taxpayers.
The booby prizes just verify what District Deeds and many other SDUSD Stakeholders have been telling those Trustees for years…
Supt. Cindy Marten MUST be removed from office for the good of all Students, Stakeholders and Taxpayers,
NOTE TO ALL SCHOOL SITE STAKEHOLDERS BEING FORCED TO REPLACE THEIR PRINCIPAL IN THE 2017/18 SCHOOL YEAR:
District Deeds Recommends the following past blog posts exposing the fake SDUSD Principal Selection Process:
- Welcome to the San Diego Unified School District Principal Selection Side Show: Act 1 – “Phantom Engagement”
- NEWS FLASH!!! SDUSD Supt. Cindy Marten Sinks to New Ethical Low in Lincoln High Principal Selection Scam!
- San Diego Unified Supt. Cindy Marten Principal Selection Scam Backfires – Forced to Rescind Offer to Handpicked Lincoln High Principal Candidate!
- Your family has been injured by the San Diego Unified School District, go to the District Deeds Complaint Forms page to find instructions to fight for your Civil Rights!
- YOU ARE TIRED OF THE COVER UPS AND LIES BY SUPT. CINDY MARTEN…
Please Click the Link Below and sign the Petition Today and READ the COMMENTS to Support the REMOVAL of Marten by SDUSD Stakeholders!
FIRE San Diego Unified School District Superintendent Cindy Marten Immediately!
- You want to be sure you don’t miss an issue of District Deeds, click the “follow” button below and you will get an email automatically when an article is published on District Deeds.
Francisca Salcedo said:
As the mother of a son with special needs who will be starting kindergarten this Fall, I would feel much better if the entire school board is replaced, along with the Superintendent. We need elected officials who will be ethical, transparent and who will genuinely listen to all involved. Otherwise, more and more families will choose to enroll their children elsewhere. I wonder if we’ve reached the point at which a State takeover would be in the best interest of all district students.
After seeing the continuous financial mismanagement, complete acquiescence to the teachers union by the school board and Superintendent, and the disregard with which parents, concerned staff and community members and students are treated, I have decided to homeschool my now fifth grader. I wish I could also homeschool my son, but he needs a structured setting due to his disability.
Pingback: Evidence Destruction Alert!!! SHAME ON YOU-San Diego Unified to Delete all Emails Prior to June 1, 2017 – Letter Enclosed! | District Deeds
Pingback: District Deeds Sunday Reads – Election 2018 Edition – November 4, 2018: High Stakes Bond Decisions; Are Bonds Best for Schools?; Scary Bond Costs | District Deeds
Pingback: District Deeds Sunday Reads – Sunday, June 14, 2020: SDUSD Sandimic 2019/20 Final Recap – 59 PERMANENTLY Lost Instructional Days: Michigan Superintendent Fired for Ignorance During Pandemic…SDUSD Supt. Cindy Marten Qualifies to be Next! | Di