Cindy Marten, San Diego Grand Jury, San Diego Unified School District, San Diego Unified School District Superintendent Cindy Marten, SDUSD Trustee John Lee Evans, SDUSD Trustee Kevin Beiser, SDUSD Trustee Marne Foster, SDUSD Trustee Mike McQuary, SDUSD Trustee Richard Barrera, Superintendent Marten
Having Trustee Foster honored and then investigated for illegal activity and appointing Superintendent Marten to investigate HERSELF are just 2 of the low lights of the upcoming San Diego Unified Board of Education Meeting this Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 5 pm at the Brucker Education Center.
In an article by Mario Koran in the Voice of San Diego titled “School Board Set to Honor and Investigate Foster on the Same Night” the total incompetence of San Diego Unified (SDUSD) Board Members McQuary, Barrera, Beiser and Evans is fully exposed.
Trustee Marne Foster has been accused, based on substantial proof, that she:
- Fraudulently submitted a false claim for $250,000 against the SDUSD under a another persons name without approval
- Ran a tuition fundraiser for her sons through a non-profit using improper fundraising tactics (raffle, Art donations), false “tax deductable” claims and soliciting current SDUSD contractors and employees for cash payoffs.
- Illegally used SDUSD resources including the SDUSD website as a portal to solicit cash payoffs for both the Tuition and her Re-election fundraiser
- As detailed by the San Diego Grand Jury Report, improperly intervened at SCPA by intimidating Teachers, Administrators and Staff to change her son’s grades, suspensions, attendance and IEP status with the willing assistance of Superintendent Cindy Marten.
Instead of being outraged, insulted, embarrassed or ashamed of the actions of Foster and Marten and demanding explanations, Board Members McQuary, Barrera, Beiser and Evans are expected to approve, despite OVERWHELMING OPPOSITION by SDUSD Stakeholders, the following initiatives at the September 29, 2015 Board meeting:
- Giving the Grand Jury Defendant Foster a congratulatory Proclamation
- Ordering Cindy Marten to investigate herself as a suspect and selectively choose and release to the public the “pertinent” records. This smear campaign will surely try to exonerate Marten and Foster at the expense of the highly qualified SCPA educators and staff while ignoring the improper intimidation and cooperation between Foster and Marten.
- Change the Board Bylaws to make ALL of the improper intimidation of SDUSD employees, like the violations at SCPA, perfectly legal and acceptable.
Another disappointing development:
There are rumors of Marten choosing a crony of Marten/Foster Henchman Lamont Jackson as the NEW Director of the Office of Language Management (OLA) who has a fraction of the EL and Leadership requirements listed in the posted job description. If this occurs it will be just another example of the Marten cronyism and victimization of all EL students.
The article by Mr. Koran is a good example of investigative journalism and District Deeds urges other news outlets and the legal authorities to continue to do the same.
To stay up on ALL the NEWS and get ALL the REAL information about the SDUSD…scroll to the bottom of this page and “Follow” the District Deeds Blog right now!