San Diego Unified Board of Education, San Diego Unified School District, San Diego Unified School District Superintendent Cindy Marten, SDUSD Trustee John Lee Evans, SDUSD Trustee Kevin Beiser, SDUSD Trustee Marne Foster, SDUSD Trustee Mike McQuary, SDUSD Trustee Richard Barrera, SDUSD Trustee Sharon Whitehurst -Payne
authoritarian regime – a government that concentrates political power in an authority that is not responsible to the people.
July 1st marked 4 years of the San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) Elementary School Superintendent Cindy Marten authoritarian regime.
Longer than more qualified former SDUSD Superintendent and State Board of Education Member Carl Cohn.
Longer than more qualified former SDUSD Superintendent and Broad Prize Winner Terry Grier.
Longer than more qualified former SDUSD Superintendent and SDUSD CFO Bill Kowba.
So much damage has been done in so little time by an ill-conceived and risky board crony appointment gamble with a totally unqualified candidate..
4 years of mishaps and blunders caused by inexperience and a failed on the job training experiment.
4 years of lack of accountability, lack of transparency and abuse of power.
4 years of injuring Students, Teachers, Parents, Staff, Communities and Taxpayers.
4 years too long.
All of us are staunch supporters of schools in the SDUSD…but the SDUSD is being harmed by the current flawed leadership.
The Declaration of Independence describes the conditions for the difficult choice of colonist patriots to break the bond with English leadership.
The passage below from the Declaration of Independence is eerily familiar to the current conditions ALL SDUSD Stakeholders are experiencing with the Superintendent Cindy Marten regime and her enabling crony Board of Education Trustees Richard Barrera, John Lee Evans, Kevin Beiser, Mike McQuary and Sharon Whitehurst-Payne.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
SDUSD Stakeholders have suffered 4 years of “absolute Despotiism” under Marten and the Board.
241 years ago it seemed impossible for a group of colonists with no army, no financing, and very little consensus among states to beat the overwhelming international power of the British Empire.
The colonists won and the United States was born.
3 years ago it seemed impossible for committed stakeholders to fight abuses and the institutional power of former Trustee Marne Foster with the strident backing of the SDUSD Board of Education and her operational partner and collaborator Superintendent Cindy Marten.
The SDUSD Stakeholders won and Foster was convicted and forced to resign.
Today it seems against all odds to fight the powerful and seemingly untouchable SDUSD regime of Supt. Cindy Marten with the unconditional support if her crony Board of Education.
After all, despite Marten’s obvious involvement with many components of the Marne Foster scandal including ignoring the $250,000 false claim against the SDUSD and the improper removal of 2 highly credentialed Principals violating Board Bylaws, only Marne Foster paid the price for her indiscretion.
Cindy Marten got off scot-free.
In fact, Cindy Marten got glowing performance reviews and a big raise for successfully covering up her operational role in supporting improper Foster activities.
But remember the words of our patriot forefathers:
…when a long train of abuses and usurpations…
“Abuses and usurpations” we have reported like:
- Violating the Brown Act when appointing Elementary School Principal Marten as Superintendent with virtually no credentials.
- Removing English Language Support Teachers from the neediest students and families and abandoning them to function with little support.
- Allowing students to be sexually assaulted and then firing the investigator that reported the full scope of abuses.
- Financial mismanagement leading to a $124 million budget deficit.
- Hundreds of dedicated SDUSD employees losing their jobs due to the financial mismanagement.
- Thousands of SDUSD Students and Families losing critical educational supports due to the financial mismanagement.
- Graduation rates artificially pumped up by transfers to Charter Schools and “no proctor” online classes.
- The Lincoln 49 Middle College fiasco and insulting Principal Placement process.
- The Scripps Ranch High School AP testing disaster and Charter School land grab.
- Turnover of over 120 experienced principals…a 80% rate…in 4 years
- Brain Drain of highly qualified Senior Staff that refused to work for the incompetent Marten and ran away to leadership positions in other districts.
- A toxic work environment based on retribution and cronyism.
- The improper Email deletion policy without approval by a desperate Marten that broke 5 Board Governance rules to cover up her future misdeeds.
This is just a small sampling of the many, many “abuses and usurpations”
It is so easy for the San Diego Press Corps to believe the pre-packaged propaganda from the Supt. Cindy Marten regime and the Board of Education Trustees with their multi-million dollar Propaganda Department positively spinning each debacle and mis-step to their own benefit…and feeding the media easily digestible and regurgitated fallacies.
And it is so hard for dedicated SDUSD Stakeholders to get past the pervasive SDUSD media spin to the real truth.
But it is not as hard as our forefathers task on July 4, 1776.
We CANNOT give in to the “absolute Despotism” of the Marten authoritarian regime.
We CANNOT give up, just like our forefathers did not give up despite all odds.
We must all FIGHT to expose the truth with resilience and relentlessness for all of our Students and Colleagues and Communities.
If you discover abuses by the Marten regime, go to our complaint page and file a formal complaint …
Tell the government…
Tell the District Attorney…
Confidentially tell District Deeds and we will tell your story to everyone for you!
Just don’t give up or hide and let the SDUSD cover up abuses and continue to injure students….JUST TELL!
We MUST declare independence from the current incompetent, autocratic SDUSD regime NOW!
Then we can truly have an Independence Day!
Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July from District Deeds!!
NOTE TO ALL SCHOOL SITE STAKEHOLDERS BEING FORCED TO REPLACE THEIR PRINCIPAL IN THE 2017/18 SCHOOL YEAR:
District Deeds Recommends the following past blog posts exposing the fake SDUSD Principal Selection Process:
- Welcome to the San Diego Unified School District Principal Selection Side Show: Act 1 – “Phantom Engagement”
- NEWS FLASH!!! SDUSD Supt. Cindy Marten Sinks to New Ethical Low in Lincoln High Principal Selection Scam!
- San Diego Unified Supt. Cindy Marten Principal Selection Scam Backfires – Forced to Rescind Offer to Handpicked Lincoln High Principal Candidate!
- Your family has been injured by the San Diego Unified School District, go to the District Deeds Complaint Forms page to find instructions to fight for your Civil Rights!
- YOU ARE TIRED OF THE COVER UPS AND LIES BY SUPT. CINDY MARTEN…
Please Click the Link Below and sign the Petition Today and READ the COMMENTS to Support the REMOVAL of Marten by SDUSD Stakeholders!
- You want to be sure you don’t miss an issue of District Deeds, click the “follow” button below and you will get an email automatically when an article is published on District Deeds.