San Diego Unified Board of Education, San Diego Unified School District, San Diego Unified School District Superintendent Cindy Marten, SDUSD Trustee John Lee Evans, SDUSD Trustee Kevin Beiser, SDUSD Trustee Mike McQuary, SDUSD Trustee Richard Barrera, SDUSD Trustee Sharon Whitehurst -Payne
Today at 9 am San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) Supt. Cindy Marten and Board Trustees Richard Barrera, Kevin Beiser, John Lee Evans, Mike McQuary and Sharon Whitehurst-Payne proceeded to finalize the annual LCAP Con Job.
As a veteran of multiple SDUSD Con Jobs, there are 4 easy steps used by the district to cover up their betrayal of Stakeholders.
Step 1 of a SDUSD Con Job is to make an important event like this as inconvenient as possible for the SDUSD Stakeholders to attend…both in time and location.
The “Special” Board Meeting is being held at the Ballard Parent Center at 9 am today…on a Tuesday morning…a time and location thatmakes it difficult for working Stakeholders, Central Office and school site personnel to attend.
Here is the notice:
What a coincidence!
So what else could make it virtually impossible for SDUSD Stakeholders to learn what LCAP decisions will be made?
Step 2 is a “blackout” to prevent later viewing of the event.
Per the SDUSD Website:
No video record of Public Comments exposing this Con Job…just a nice cozy coverup planned flawlessly to exclude oversight by the vast majority of SDUSD Stakeholders.
But it gets even worse.
Step 3 is promoting a false narrative.
As everyone knows, there are going to be HUNDREDS of layoffs due to the gross financial mismanagement of Supt. Cindy Marten resulting in a $124 million deficit.
Due to the drastic reduction of both instructional and support staff, you would think that there would be some sort of reduction or consolidation of initiatives or at least an attempt to reign in the spending on Marten’s bloated administrative processes and departments.
But check out the number of “Actions” defined on the LCAP working documents for 2015 through the present:
That’s right… with hundreds of fewer Teachers and critical SDUSD Support Personnel next school year, the number of LCAP “Actions” have actually INCREASED with most of the increase in “Goal #1-Closing the Achievement Gap”, obviously an instructional-centric initiative.
So why would the SDUSD pretend to INCREASE the initiatives with another deficit next year, substantially less money and fewer Teachers and Support Staff?
It makes no sense IF you are a Stakeholder who still trusts the SDUSD leadership!!!
The answer is Step 4 as illustrated on the following LCAP page from the SDUSD website:
It has ALL the LCAP’s since 2014…but is DOESN”T have the two things that would actually prevent SDUSD Supt. and her Trustee Cronies from lying to the Stakeholders every year on the LCAP…
RESULTS and ACCOUNTABILITY
That right, for the hundreds of “actions” promised in the 4 years since Marten was improperly appointed as Superintendent there IS NO PROOF that any of them have been successfully accomplished on this page.
That is because there is NO INTENT by Supt. Marten and the Board to keep all the “Action” promises…and they avoid all accountability that might expose their betrayal of ALL Students.
For this to be a truly transparent “What is the LCAP” page for SDUSD Stakeholders there would be an accountability section listing the actual results for each and every one of the “action” promises and the billions of dollars spent over the last 4 years.
The Results and Accountability for each of those promises is not listed anywhere on the SDUSD website for the actions promised.
So to summarize the LCAP Con Job…
The most important LCAP meeting of the year:
- Is being held at the most inconvenient time possible to exclude the largest number of SDUSD Stakeholders.
- Is being held at a location that excludes Central Office personnel from attending.
- Will have no Broadcast/Webcast recording to expose the Superintendent and Trustee lies.
- Is making more “Action” promises that cannot be kept with hundreds of fewer employees and a smaller budget.
- Marten will continue to avoid accountability by providing NO DETAILED RESULTS of the LCAP to the thousands of SDUSD Stakeholders for the millions of dollars misspent by the incompetent Superintendent.
In a nutshell….
The ultimate betrayal of Students and Stakholders by Supt. Marten and her crony Trustees Barrera, Beiser, Evans, McQuary and Payne.
Welcome to the dystopian San Diego Unified School District.
NOTE TO ALL SCHOOL SITE STAKEHOLDERS BEING FORCED TO REPLACE THEIR PRINCIPAL IN THE 2017/18 SCHOOL YEAR:
District Deeds Recommends the following past blog posts exposing the fake SDUSD Principal Selection Process:
- Welcome to the San Diego Unified School District Principal Selection Side Show: Act 1 – “Phantom Engagement”
- NEWS FLASH!!! SDUSD Supt. Cindy Marten Sinks to New Ethical Low in Lincoln High Principal Selection Scam!
- San Diego Unified Supt. Cindy Marten Principal Selection Scam Backfires – Forced to Rescind Offer to Handpicked Lincoln High Principal Candidate!
- Your family has been injured by the San Diego Unified School District, go to the District Deeds Complaint Forms page to find instructions to fight for your Civil Rights!
- YOU ARE TIRED OF THE COVER UPS AND LIES BY SUPT. CINDY MARTEN…
Please Click the Link Below and sign the Petition Today and READ the COMMENTS to Support the REMOVAL of Marten by SDUSD Stakeholders!
- You want to be sure you don’t miss an issue of District Deeds, click the “follow” button below and you will get an email automatically when an article is published on District Deeds.