A Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Message to all of our readers…
On this special day, and in the context of the United States Department of Education leadership allegedly promoting the myth of parents being classified as “domestic terrorists” we outlined yesterday in Sunday Reads, District Deeds presents the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and all activist parents on his national holiday through 10 of his quotes regarding non-violence courtesy of an article from The Borgen Project:
Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Top Quotes about Nonviolence
- “In spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.”’
- “We adopt the means of nonviolence because our end is a community at peace with itself. We will try to persuade with our words, but if our words fail, we will try to persuade with our acts.”
- “Here is the true meaning and value of compassion and nonviolence, when it helps us to see the enemy’s point of view, to hear his questions, to know his assessment of ourselves. For from his view we may indeed see the basic weaknesses of our own condition, and if we are mature, we may learn and grow and profit from the wisdom of the brothers who are called the opposition.”
- “Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.”
- “Nonviolence is absolute commitment to the way of love. Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another.”
- “World peace through nonviolent means is neither absurd nor unattainable. All other methods have failed. Thus we must begin anew. Nonviolence is a good starting point.”
- “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”
- “I have tried to offer them my deepest compassion while maintaining my conviction that social change comes most meaningfully through nonviolent action.”
- “I am convinced that even violent temperaments can be channeled through nonviolent discipline, if they can act constructively and express through an effective channel their very legitimate anger.”
- “In the nonviolent army, there is room for everyone who wants to join up. There is no color distinction. There is no examination, no pledge, except that, as a soldier in the armies of violence is expected to inspect his carbine and keep it clean, nonviolent soldiers are called upon to examine their greatest weapons: their heart, their conscience, their courage and sense of justice.”
We urge United States Department of Education Secretary Miguel Cardona to read, re-read and and distribute to his massive organization this list of quotes so they can better understand the right and obligation of ALL parents to peacefully, but vigorously, protest when confronted with corrupt actions from corrupt government officials like his current Deputy Secretary and former San Diego Unified School District Superintedent Cindy Marten.
Maybe then some of his ethical employees will begin to understand.
- Your family has been injured by the San Diego Unified School District, go to the District Deeds Complaint Forms page to find instructions to fight for your Civil Rights!
- You want to be sure you don’t miss an issue of District Deeds, click the “follow” button below and you will get an email automatically when an article is published on District Deeds.