District Deeds is honored to post the following Open Letter to the San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) by Mr. Roosevelt Blackmon in District E:
Dear Neighbors, Allies Friends and Families of SDUSD District E:
Here again I am calling on our community to search your souls and unite, to let your voice be heard!
District E Community – for the last 40 years our voice has remained silent and we have not stood up to the oppression inflicted on our community. We have all the power, the only power in the SDUSD…our children and their education!
The time has come to stop remaining silent and start standing up to the oppression inflicted on our community by the SDUSD leadership under Superintendent Cindy Marten and supported by Board of Education Trustee Sharon Whitehurst Payne.
SDUSD propaganda events like the phony “Board of Education Summer of Freedom Resolution“ to cover up the systemic racism and negligence record of Marten, Payne, Barrera and the White Woman Mafia does not and will not trick us or our children into being quiet.
We must expose the truth!
- The SDUSD threatens to not reopen the schools unless they get 178 million dollars using the children as leverage.
- The SDUSD has stolen money from our students by redirecting Title 1 money and other resources to pay for executive raises and senior staff hiring. They deny adequate resources to help low poverty community children to move forward and instead use those resources to demoralize and disenfranchise our African American and Latino Babies.
- Widespread and massive bullying is happening on campus making it an unsafe learning environment. Instead it is ironic that they only use the “safe space” phrase in a racist way when they want to dodge meetings with our community or not answer truthfully to our community on budget and financial irregularities and errors.
- Multiple (more than 6) DOCUMENTED requests and meetings from February, 2019 through today, July 2020 , (almost 1½ years) for an explanation and justification of $400,000 of unapproved, improper expenditures in the 2019/2020 Lincoln High School budget meant for the support of Lincoln High School Students have been avoided, sidestepped and ignored by the following individuals:
- Sharon Whitehurst-Payne, District E Trustee
- Cindy Marten, SDUSD Superintendent
- Andrew Sharp, Chief Public Information Officer
- Debbie Foster, Executive Director, Financial Planning and Development
- Acacia Thede, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Sofia Friere Chief, Leadership and Learning and High Schools Area Superintendent
- Bruce Bivins, Area 1 Superintendent
- Jose E. Sotoramos, Former Lincoln High School Principal
- Stephanie Brown. Current Lincoln High School Principal
Here is a sample of one of our requests to Supt. Cindy Marten, Trustee Payne and Dr. Sofia Friere:
In addition to all of the issues listed above, the SDUSD Senior and Site leadership employees have shown a total lack of respect to the whole Lincoln High School Cluster Community by consistently replying with incomplete information to only selected members Lincoln Cluster Leadership team while disrespectfully ignoring valuable Commmunity members like Keashona Christopher.
So I ask:
We know we have lost generations of children under this racist policy…When is it enough?
Now is the time to demand accountability while God is shifting the world of racism.
Now is the time for the SDUSD to get the memo!
Now is the time to DEMAND not ask…talking is over…who will join me?
To join me, please send an email with your thoughts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Single father of two children attending two SDUSD District E Schools, Lincoln Cluster Chair, Gompers Preparatory Charter SSC Chair
District Deeds says: THANK YOU MR. BLACKMON!!!
- Your family has been injured by the San Diego Unified School District, go to the District Deeds Complaint Forms page to find instructions to fight for your Civil Rights!
- YOU ARE TIRED OF THE COVER UPS AND LIES BY SUPT. CINDY MARTEN…
Please Click the Link Below and sign the Petition Today and READ the COMMENTS to Support the REMOVAL of Marten by SDUSD Stakeholders!