Back on May 17, 2016, District Deeds introduced our readers to the San Diego Unified School District Diploma Mill Scam.
1. No Proctor = Black Market Class Completion
- Ignoring the risks of online credit recovery and employing virtually no safeguards against Black Market Class Completion thereby allowing cheating to earn credits towards Graduation.
2. The Disappearing “D” in A-G Requirements
- Allowing Science classes to be run without “Wet Lab” time and turning the a-g “d” into “Dumbing Down” to maximize passing grades without actually completing the work according to CDE and UC/CSU requirements.
3. Unknowns and Dropouts are Missing in Action
- “Cooking the Books” and conveniently losing nearly 3,000 students between Freshman and Senior year with NO “unknowns” and only a ridiculously low 86 “dropouts” thereby decreasing the number of non-graduates to increase Graduation Rate.
4. Social Graduation – Principal Graduation Waivers
- Hiding the scope and scale of Social “Graduation Waivers” to increase Graduation Rate.
About a week after we published our blog post this month, the San Diego Union Tribune published an article titled “Virtual High School Classes on the Rise” that VERIFIED our claims.
The first quote from the article said the following:
“San Diego Unified does not track cheating when it comes to online classes.” San Diego Union Tribune-11/19/16
The second quote from the article verified the MASSIVE reliance through on-line credit recovery for Graduation:
“Students work at their own pace online, but Vande Pol said courses are designed to take 60 hours to complete. One credit-recovery teacher said a student last year completed 16 courses on-line courses.” San Diego Union Tribune-11/19/16
So a student who failed at least 14 classes (the equivalent of ALL of Junior year – 840 HOURS – 14 x 60 hrs.), was able to pass those classes AND successfully complete the additional classes as a Senior, another 180 instructional DAYS in order to graduate…with NO cheating oversight…NO PROCTORING!!!
Remember District Deeds “Item 1” above:
No Proctor = Black Market Class Completion
Now, according to a report by the US Department of Education Office of Inspector General , California graduation rates will be UNDER AUDIT!
“Goal 3” in the report states:
Goal 3: Protect the integrity of the Department’s programs and operations by detecting and preventing vulnerabilities to fraud, waste, and abuse. U.S. Department of Education, Office of Inspector General, FY 2017 Annual Plan
Part of the Inspector General’s “Continuing Work” is Graduation Rate Calculations:
Calculating and Reporting Graduation Rates—Continue our work to determine whether selected SEAs have implemented systems of internal control over calculating and reporting graduation rates that are sufficient to ensure that reported graduation rates are accurate and reliable. We are continuing our work at the Alabama State Department of Education and the California State Department of Education. – U.S. Department of Education, Office of Inspector General, FY 2017 Annual Plan
District Deeds will be forwarding ALL of our Supt. Cindy Marten “Diploma Mill” evidence to the United States Department of Education, Office of Inspector General (OIG).
Keep sending us your evidence…we will include it in our ongoing reports to the OIG!
If you want to file your own complaint, use the OIG Complaint Form and file your Diploma Mill Scam Evidence directly!!!
Our Students CAN’T WAIT until the OIG starts “Auditing” the Diploma Mill tactics of San Diego Unified Supt. Cindy Marten!
- Your family has been injured by the San Diego Unified School District, go to the District Deeds Complaint Forms page to find instructions to fight for your Civil Rights!
- YOU ARE TIRED OF THE COVER UPS AND LIES BY SUPT. CINDY MARTEN…
Please Click the Link Below and sign the Petition Today and READ the COMMENTS to Support the REMOVAL of Marten by SDUSD Stakeholders!
- You want to be sure you don’t miss an issue of District Deeds, click the “follow” button below and you will get an email automatically when an article is published on District Deeds.