Absolute Certainty + Absolute Inexperience + Absolute Power =
Absolute Administrative Disaster
In the Introduction and in Part 1A The Marten Mindset we used the formula above to illustrate the depth and breadth of the incompetent Elementary School Superintendent Cindy Marten mindset. In Part 1B we will show how numerous Marten blunders could be DRASTICALLY minimized through GIVING SDUSD STAKEHOLDERS THE VOTE!
What if ALL STAKEHOLDERS COULD VOTE on a SDUSD Ballot Initiative that provides ALL STAKEHOLDERS full information from both sides of an important SDUSD action or issue?
According to Ballotpedia, “The ballot initiative is a means by which a petition signed by a certain minimum number of registered voters can bring about a public vote on a proposed statute or constitutional amendment.” (Link: http://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_initiative )
Just think if YOU….A SDUSD Stakeholder…
A Staff Member
A Community Member
…could have your voice heard at the ballot box and YOU could VOTE for an Initiative, created by petition, that provided the Pros and Cons of:
- Insisting that the Superintendent must adhere to a code of ethics and CAN BE CENSURED by popular VOTE instead of Marten being able to fabricate an “Over the Rainbow” Scholarship fantasy to enhance her personal Public Relations (Link: http://wp.me/p4LD0L-bl) and LIE to ALL THE STAKEHOLDERS to improve her image. Anytime a Superintendent can promise a SDUSD Student Scholarship and intentionally not deliver it 3 years later needs to be TOLD BY THE STAKEHOLDER VOTERS THAT SHE WAS WRONG FOR DOING SO!
- Demanding that NO ELST’s be removed from needy schools until a full plan and implementation timeline be launched to take the place of the ELST’s instead of the June 2014 disaster where the inexperienced Cindy Marten was overwhelmed by the budget and reactively removed 52 ELST’s from the neediest schools and the neediest students with no viable plan in place and no understanding of the administrative repercussions that froze the budgets of those schools into February, 2015 (Link: http://wp.me/p4LD0L-i8).
- Acquiring an MRAP from the Federal Government and would have avoided the MRAP Debacle in which Marten, with no collaboration with the Board of Education, decided to militarize the SDUSD unilaterally. (Link: http://wp.me/p4LD0L-9Y)
- Establishing protocols and guidelines before acquiring Drug Sniffing Dogs instead of the implementation blunder in which Marten approved UNILATERALLY , with no collaboration with Stakeholders OR the Board of Education, and decided it was OK to take away the civil rights of all SDUSD Student minors with illegal search methods (Link: http://wp.me/p4LD0L-dB).
- Defining and demanding specific centralized tracking requirements for SDUSD related injuries…be it injuries caused “Illegally” (assaults, attacks) or “Legally” (sports injuries, accidents etc.) instead of the cover up by the Cindy Marten administration of the Lincoln stabbing (http://wp.me/p4LD0L-c5), the La Jolla concussion and an undetermined number of Student, Staff and Community injuries caused by poor SDUSD leadership and oversight.
- Budget expenditures for Student Enrichment activities like 6th Grade Camp, Balboa Park and Old Town and educational programs like the full funding of GATE instead of Marten blundering by buying/maintaining an MRAP, hiring high priced central staff for unneeded departments (like Public Information) and using the “fire sale” of district property to supplement raises in the SDUSD Central Office.
The Stakeholder VOTE makes Marten and the Board of Education
- Pause before they make rash judgements
- Provides a SDUSD Stakeholder “recall” vehicle for poor decisions made by Marten and the BOE
- Provides REAL Stakeholder input on critical issues and priorities…not just a robocall with no pro/con information and poor contact database contact integrity.
- Provide a Vote for EVERY Stakeholder, not just the handpicked stooges of the SDUSD inner circle or Fauxllaboration (Link: http://wp.me/p4LD0L-bN) committees.
There are a couple question…
How much does the SDUSD want REAL Collaboration?
The VOTE is the cornerstone of ALL STAKEHOLDERS BEING EQUAL…“of the people, by the people, for the people” in the United States…why would they NOT want to give us the VOTE?
How cost prohibitive is providing the vote to Stakeholders by the SDUSD?
There are many voting systems that are extremely cost effective for the size of the SDUSD. We will provide a few in Part 2 of this series.
A better question is:
What is the value of real Stakeholder input?
District Deeds feels that REAL Stakeholder input for the betterment of Student success is PRICELESS.
DISTRICT DEEDS FEELS THAT THE TIME IS NOW FOR THE STAKEHOLDER VOTE!
In Part 2- San Diego Unified Stakeholder Civil Rights, the final installment of this series, we will propose a way for the Marten and the SDUSD to set up the Stakeholder Vote fairly, efficiently and effectively and provide the civil rights we deserve as part of our democratic society.
NOTE: Click on the “follow” at the top margin of this blog post so that you can get the updates as soon as they are available. Also please feel free to re-tweet and post on Facebook.
Please forward the link to this blog – https://districtdeeds.wordpress.com/ – to any San Diego Unified School District Stakeholders that may be interested.