There has been a lot of conversation about exactly what “Reassignment” means within the Cindy Marten “Monarch Version” of the SDUSD.
Some say it is being fired
Some say it is being moved to a “New” position.
To justify the removal of successful Principals, the SDUSD Spinmasters (better known as the SDUSD Public Relations Department) and Marten have had to come up with a way to not only justify the removals but to also manipulate the goodwill of the School Site Community to minimize the PR damage..
They have come up with the PERFECT answer and it has become a classic Talking Point when confronted with their ridiculous decision to remove a successful Principal from a successful/emerging school in the first place.
The Talking Point being used by Marten, her Area Superintendents and Inner Circle (Monreal, et al.) is the following:
“We didn’t just reassign your principal…(here it comes)…WE HAVE GIVEN HER A PROMOTION!”
The perfect Public Relations (although disingenuous) answer to a classic Marten Monarchy blunder.
The Public Relations Department and Marten hope:
- At least half of the School Site Stakeholders really BELIEVE them and, because they want only the best for the Principal, they would NEVER stand in the way of this PR hologram promotion. This is extremely effective strategy because it coldly plays directly into the deep positive emotion of the School Site Stakeholder and uses it against them.
Classic PR “Take No Prisoners” approach.
- At least half will not be able to be engaged enough as a Stakeholder or have the time to protest the faux promotion. This strategy is particularly successful in SDUSD Schools that have a large ELL and Free and Reduced Lunch Student populations for the same reasons (Two Jobs, Language Barrier, No Computer etc) that Marten chose to remove ELST’s as described in a recent District Deeds blog posting.
Again…Classic PR/Marten Monarchy coldblooded approach – When in doubt and desperate, pick on the weakest Stakeholder
So what is the answer to this well oiled Public Realtions Marten Monarch machine?
DEMAND THAT YOUR PRINCIPAL THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY “PROMOTED” IS AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDED IN THE 6 CANDIDATES GROUP FOR THE PRINCIPAL SELECTION COMMITTEE! DEMAND AUTOMATIC REAPPLICATION!
There are a few “protections” that need to be included for the Principal so they are held blameless in the process:
- They DO NOT have to apply.
Since the SDUSD can “reassign” Principals against their desires, there should be no reason that the Principal (already declared an employee in “good standing” since they are getting a “promotion”) cannot reapply in abstentiia to the same position and be REASSIGNED BACK TO THE SCHOOL by a vote of those on the Principal selection committee IF that person is better than all the other candidates.
- They DO NOT have to interview if they do not want to do so.
The members if the Principal Selection Committee already know the current Principal’s style, weaknesses and strengths. Since the principal is applying in abstentia, they should not be forced to put themselves at risk with the SDUSD. Of course if they decide that they WANT to interview, that is their decision. In either case it SHOULD NOT be held against them due to the inherent pressure by the SDUSD to act as the District prefers.
- If the Principal really does not want to return to the school because of the promotion, they can simply refuse the offer and move on.
This is no different than any other individual who is made an offer for a job and then decides to take it or not. If the principal wants to come back or not, that should not be held against them by the SDUSD.
The odds that this Marten Monarchy would EVER allow the true School Site Stakeholders – the Parents-Teachers-Students-Community – to actually participate for real or allow them to effectively overturn their blunders is extremely slim.
Remember – The Hallmark of the Marten Monarchy is: NOT HAVE THE DISCUSSION and just make the ROYAL COMMAND!
IF THE MARTEN MONARCHY DOES NOT ALLOW AN EMPLOYEE IN GOOD STANDING TO APPLY FOR A POSITION THAT THE INDIVIDUAL IS OBVIOUSLY QUALIFIED FOR IT WILL BE CLEAR THAT THE PROMOTION RUSE IS A TOTAL PR SCAM AND MARTEN SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM HER SUPERINTENDENT POSITION FOR ATTEMPTING TO DUPE ALL THE SCHOOL SITE STAKEHOLDERS.
I think this is a good beginning to a School Site Stakeholder BILL OF RIGHTS!